3.21.2012

{Georgia & Blake} - Carnton Plantation

Elizabeth Glessner of Glessner Photography called me one afternoon with a vision she got from a dress she found online.  "Do you want to do a Jackie O. inspired shoot?"  Yesssssss.


I wanted something different for a color scheme and I found a picture of Jackie Kennedy in an apricot dress so I knew I wanted that color. 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3fBKbc3-fZ0/TWUeXq3z3rI/AAAAAAAAD8U/TfPoCIow65c/s400/1962-jackie-kennedy-pearl-necklace.jpg

I met with Mark of Tulip Tree because I can actually identify his flowers around town because of their quality. 


I bought these vases at TJ Maxx about 6 months ago and never knew what I would use them for but they worked for this shoot.  We wanted chic, vintage, and casual.


I used Paper Source wrapping paper as "placemats."  A basket in the table with the same paper cut into hearts can serve as little notecards for your guests to write their best marital advice or guest book messages.


I love this shot.


How awesome is this Bob Dylan LIFE magazine?


I used my roommate's vintage looking tablecloth.


While searching on etsy for awesome wedding invitations I discovered one of my favorite shops is local!!!  MyLadyDye is right in Franklin and I selected these invitations and the names Georgia & Blake.  Diane changed the colors to my preference.




MyLadyDye also has a really fun & creative collection of seating charts.  I used some vintage books and fresh flowers from Tulip Tree to make it fun.  Make bein' bossy (telling your guests where to sit) beautiful!


In the picture below we have a mirror from my bedroom, my friend Lauren's shoes, and my friend Jenny's dress form.  THIS is why I love DIY details in a wedding.  This picture is really pretty and it has a little bit of two of my favorite people & I.


Lauren has a phenomenal closet.  These are SO close to exactly what I envisioned and she had 'em!


I wish more of my couples would listen to me and do a dessert buffet!  It creates decor AND offers your guests more than one option.  Oreo cookies with yellow filling?  Matches the decor and who doesn't like oreos?



These mini lemon meringue pies are by Silver Box Cake Designs and if you think they look good, ohhhhhh my yumminess.  I wanted one and ate the ones that didn't fit on the plate.  Possibly 10.


I saw this painted brick wall and knew I wanted it behind the dessert buffet so I lugged my dresser down the hill and setup cake shoppe.  This beautiful cake is also by Silver Box Cake Designs.

My dresser is an antique white 3-drawer dresser painted white with lace handles.  Instead of using the original brass pulls, there's lace pulled through.  I can switch it with ribbons or pulles, etc.


"Yes, you really have to eat it."  They're models.  The guilt of my 10 never set in.  It's why I do behind the scenes stuff.


GORGEOUS!  Thank you, Tulip Tree!



I was obsessed with this tree.  My sister and I did a ridiculous amount of tree climbing as kids so I love using nice, big, fat ones in photos.




I grabbed this peach colored umbrella on my way out the door.  It's some vintage London brand and it worked!


LOVE.

So the models, Landy Kay & Ken Thompson were both awesome.  I, the girl from Boston, was freezing!
This shoot brought to you by:
Venue :: Carnton Plantation
Event Design :: CHIC Weddings and Events
Photography :: Glessner Photography
Floral Design :: The Tulip Tree
Stationery :: My Lady Dye
Cake Artist :: Silver Box Cake Designs
Hair+Makeup :: Ashley Rose Love
Pillbox Hat :: Fanny+June
Men's Wardrobe :: Street Tuxedo
Men's Sunglasses :: Warby Parker
Dress :: Rent the Runway
Shoes :: Coach
Rings :: Blue Nile
Models :: Ken Thompson + Landy Kay

1 comment:

Elizabeth | Glessner Photography said...

You did AMAZING work on this shoot! Loved working with you, as always :)

There was an error in this gadget