3.13.2011

St. Patty's Day Wedding

"May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies, and quick to make friends." - Irish Blessing

I am 50% pure Irish.  I am actually more Irish than I am Italian although my Papa's dominant Italian genes would never let you guess.  My Mom has red hair, green eyes, freckles and is half Shaughnessy and half Noone.

If you think it doesn't exist you clearly have no Irish friends: a St. Patrick's Day Wedding.  This one is for all you crazy red-heads (the Irish are all crazy redheads inside).

Bagpipes would be played for the ceremony and for me, there really is nothing like it.  Bagpipes play and I WILL cry.  Not sure if it's because of the number of Irish funerals I've been to or because I (will admit it) am a super-sensitive, emotional, little being. 

Onto a more joyous occasion....a St. Patty's Day Wedding!

Let us begin with fashion:






I wouldn't but you could:



I do love this look to add color:


I actually think my cousin may have had something similar on her big day:



For Him:



Real men wear kilts:


And have fun doing it:


To eat:




My personal favorite:




Ummmm.....I AM doing this.  I don't care what my colors, theme, or anything else is.


The bridal car:



Reception and other green details:


Adorable:






I love it:







Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

L.Caroline said...

I love so many things in this post. Especially the second pair of shoes- fill me in!

Lauren Stefanski said...

a great flower to use would be bells of ireland! first... they smell great... and second, its st. patty's day!

There was an error in this gadget