8.11.2010

Cah-RAZY about Halloween

Okay, people, it's August!  Time to start thinking about Halloween.  I LOVE Halloween; I absolutely adore it.  It's the only time I believe an abundance of orange to be acceptable.  I'm 30 and will change my costume idea 100 times because I start thinking so far in advance that I become bored with what I've come up with by the time the first party rolls around. 

One of my favorite magazines that is no longer in publication is/was Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion.  I fell in love with the polka dot pumpkins when I held this cover in my hands for the first time.  I've since seen them everywhere:


The girls I'm moving in with like to throw a party for Halloween and it will probably still be warm here in Nashville!  2009's Halloween in the Bean was unusually warm so I'd be grateful for a similar temperature. 

I love this idea for candles (minus the daisies - those flowers aren't my thing) and I can paint and bedazzle that chandelier myself:



I am definitely painting pumpkins and stacking:



This crow is such a creep, he's got to be at our party:


I'm trying to stay off etsy as I feel like this blog is more of an advertisement for the site but I can't!  It's Halloween!  Buckle your seat, I'm about to find some crazy shizzle for this bliggle.

There are several sellers who offer witch, warlock, and pirate labels for your own bottles:



midnitemuse on etsy.com
This is SOAP below.  AMAZING!

available from ajsweetsoap on etsy.com


You'll need it after you've been been handling the goblin toenails, toad eggs, and belly buttons:

kennedyscrafts on etsy.com


And alas, no party would be complete without my latest obsession: party poms.  I would buy black and possibly lime green or orange (depending on how the theme is working out) and glitter them up before hanging them from the ceiling. 

houndstooth pom available from PomLove on etsty.com

I'm thinking I'll spray paint some sticks black and put cobwebs all over them with spiders as well.  More to come!  I'm just getting started.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget