7.29.2010

Carousel Horses and Caramel Cake

from seller RetrospectPhoto on etsy.com

Wallpaper is out right now but I give it about 2 years before it makes a massive return in popularity. Once I'm settled into a place I’ll call home, I'm going to design a wallpaper/fabric line. I have no idea what my next step would be but there's truly no sense in worrying about it until I have a finished line now is there? I have a bunch of sketches but my inspiration is the carousel horse:

from etsy.com seller SherriConley

It’s been too long since I’ve seen one in person. I can hardly wait to buy a camera and explore this beautiful state!  I will be seeking a carousel out.


Ever since I was a little girl, a zebra carousel horse has been candy to my eyes. I just have a think for black and white with pops of color.

Caramel Cake.  I've never eaten it or even heard of a caramel cake until the book I just finished reading.  Caramel cake sounds good in the same sentence as carousel horses so I went with it.  ("The Help." I relished that book and highly recommend it.) I just googled caramel cake to see what I've been missing out on and clearly....A LOT.  I look forward to getting a kitchen back.  Maybe I'll tackle a caramel cake recipe....

1 comment:

The Robbins Five said...

3 things: 1, we'll have to make a trip to the zoo and you guys can hop on the carousel there. The kids will love it because I never let them! 2, I will make you a caramel cake sometime. Sometime after I deliver and I'm actually allowed to eat it. 3, I also loved The Help. Great introduction to Southern Lit for a northerner like you :)

There was an error in this gadget